Business and Management
Intended Program Outcomes:
This two-year A.A.S. degree program will prepare the student to either transfer to an Oregon University System institution on a course-by-course basis or to be effective in the workplace in the following areas:
- Establish and promote a collaborative work environment where all voices are heard and valued as they contribute to shared goal
- Work within the ethical, legal, and regulatory parameters of the industry
- Calculate, compile, and analyze financial records to make practical business decisions
- Attract, screen, hire, train, and supervise personnel
- Select and integrate appropriate current and emerging technologies to support business functions
- Use verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills effectively in the business context
- Interact effectively with clients and customers
- Use critical thinking skills to solve business problems
- Exhibit work behaviors that maximize opportunity for continued employment, increased responsibilities, and business success
- Assist in the design, implementation, and continuous assessment of business strategies based on consumer needs and market changes
- Lead a work unit in a direction that aligns with stated organizational vision, mission, and values
- Gain a basic foundation in hospitality and gaming business practices.
- Provide various business principles and practices.
- Promote job advancement, professional growth and career mobility within the hospitality/gaming industry.
The program offers a combination of online and on-campus instruction along with cooperative work experience to give students a look at day-to-day experiences and decisions in the business world.
Important Program Notes: Students who expect to work in gaming industry will most likely be subject to passing background checks and age requirements to gain employment. CWE classes should be completed in hospitality, gaming, or restaurant industry or in a closely related industry.