Associate of Science Transfer - Business (AST-Bus)
Students earning an AST-Bus degree from Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC) must successfully complete the following requirements along with additional requirements of the AST-Bus degree:
Credits Required: 93 Credits include only those that meet the requirements of this degree.
Residency Requirement: Students must successfully complete a minimum of 24 quarter hours at BMCC. Eighteen (18) of these credits must apply to this degree. Non-traditional credit, credit transferred from another institution, or challenge credit cannot be used to meet the 24 quarter credit hour or 18 quarter credit hour requirement.
Minimum Grade: All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS: See Programs and Courses Section for courses that meet these requirements.
· Writing: WR 121 and WR 227 for a total of eight credits of writing. Information literacy will be included in the writing requirement.
· Oral Communication: COM 111.
· Mathematics: MTH 243 and one course for which MTH095 is a prerequisite.
· Computer Applications: BA 131 and BA 230.
· Arts and Letters: COM 115 and two courses chosen from two or more disciplines. COM 115 meets the cultural literacy requirement.
· Social Sciences: EC 201, EC 202, and two courses chosen from two or more disciplines.
· Science: Three lab science courses from at least two disciplines.
· Cultural Literacy: COM 115, as mentioned above under Arts and Letters.
Students must complete the following courses:
· BA 101, BA 131, BA 211, BA 213, BA 206, BA 226, BA 230, and BA 277.
Any college-level course 100 level or higher that would bring total credits to 93 credits. See notes below.
· Maximum Number of Credits for Prior Learning (CPL): 22 credits of CPL may be applied to the degree.